Join our introduction trainings to Legal Design Thinking consisting of 2 four hour online sessions in one week, to get familiar with this new approach! We will focus this introduction on privacy statements or employment contracts, to really get hands-on with Legal Design Thinking. Within the community we will organize workshops and discussions on the broader application of Legal Design Thinking and discuss case studies. The topics will be related to human rights, since the mission of Visual Contracts is to bring the law closer to laymen, and empower people to practice their rights.
The training will be highly interactive and creative, i.e. making use of prototyping, visual thinking and other design thinking methods to stimulate creativity and empathy within the legal field.
Why should I attend this training?
- You think access to justice needs to be more human friendly
- You think the legal field is ready for innovation and a human centered approach is very much welcome next to all legal-tech innovations
- You want to take the first steps in learning about and contributing to making law accessible from a human centered approach
- You want to be able to position yourself in the market as a 'Legal Design Thinker'
You will learn about:
- Privacy or employment law from a design thinking perspective (how users/consumers deal with privacy/employment law)
- How to create an accessible privacy statement/employment contract
- Which steps to take to implement Legal Design Thinking in your own field
- An overview of the Legal Design Thinking process and and introduction their respective methods
- Hands-on experience in creating a visual contract
- Soft skills: working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Hard skills: visual thinking and digital tools to use to create a visual contract
What skills do I need to attend the workshop?
Since the Introduction to Legal Design Thinking is organized to get familiar with the approach, the only thing you need to bring is your own professional background and experiences.
The program of the introduction to Legal Design Thinking consists of 2 online sessions:
- 15 min Introduction round of participants
- 30 min Introduction on Legal Design Thinking & background of Visual Contracts, by founder Lieke Beelen
- 45 min Warming up the creative mind – introduction to visual thinking
- 15 min Coffee break
- 15 min Design case (either focused on privacy or employment contract)
- 30 min Empathy maps and design vision
- 45 min Ideation
- 15 min Presenting sketches
- 30 min Privacy by design/Employment law by design
- 30 min Prototyping and design methods and tools
- 15 min Break
- 1,5 hour Working out concept privacy statement/employment contract prototype
- 30 min Discussing prototypes
- 30 min Preparing for testing + how to implement skills in your own environment
- 15 min Wrap up
Dates and timetable
In order to open up the training for different regions, we have created different slots to join the training. In essence you will book 2 sessions in one week, but should you not be able to attend the second session in the same week after all, there is the option to follow the same session in another week. This can only be done by request up front. There is a minimum of 4 participants and a max of 30 participants per session, participants of the same week come first.
6 Weeks after the training we'll organise another 20 minute reflection meetup for the participants and discuss how everyone has started implementing the new skills or the barriers they encountered for implementing it.